Pastor's Pen April 2010
“Arise and depart for this is not your rest; because it is defiled and it shall destroy, yes, with utter destruction” Micah 2:10
An intercessor sent word just this week that there is a renewed attack on marriages in this land. The spirit is seen as a dog, changing into a raccoon and finally into a sphinx. It starts off like a normal pet but becomes one that comes out in the night to look for opportunities to steal and upset. It becomes a huge monster. The sphinx looks like a man but has the body of a lion – animal instincts take over. Passion of the flesh controls and reason flies out.
The warning comes to tell families to pray and fast for the protection of their homes. The non- Christian is subject to the trend of the world but you as Christians must not follow such trends! The Scripture above tells us not to stay in the world with all its warped thinking, where good is called bad and bad is called good.
This is the key to your protection. DO NOT follow the ways of the world for yourself, your children and your family. Depart from them!
“Love not the world or the things of the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world – the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life – is NOT of the father but of the world.
And the world is passing away and the lust of it, but he who does the will of the God abides forever.” 1 John 2: 15-17.
How to protect your family
- Father and mother, pray together for your children. The earlier you do the better it will be.
- As a family, put aside at least one day a week when you keep a family altar. That means you gather together, read a portion of scripture (using a reading guide if you do not know what to read). Ask questions for each one to answer – what, why, when, how…. Most important, apply it to each individual’s situations and give practical answers to real life questions from God’s word. Share openly and pray for one another.
- Set a standard for behavior, values and model it yourself.
- Be positive, even in correction. Never run down anyone but advise and direct into God’s ways.
- Look at the things you keep in your house, including the décor. Is it God-honoring? Does it open doors to attack? Does it reflect what or who is important in your life style? Is there order in the home?
- What kind of entertainment do you and your family indulge in? Remember that wrong values and attitudes can be introduced subtly as well as openly into your home. Children and teens are the most vulnerable. Even you are vulnerable…suggestions on unfaithfulness, premarital sex, homosexuality, ways of dressing, values and so forth.
- Spend family time together in clean fun activities. Play games, go for outings, have Christian friends over, fishing, go hiking, swimming, cycling. These are some wholesome activities that bond the family.
And a word to the singles…Just watch your relationships. The desire to marry can be so driving that common sense can be lost – and even salvation. Some have lost money to those who prey on these compelling desires. Trust God for your life. Your job is to develop beauty inwardly and outwardly too! After that, be at rest.
Please heed God’s word to us. Jesus is coming soon. We have about two years more to enjoy the good times of blessings in Malaysia. If we keep our hearts on the Lord, read the Bible daily and pray (talk) to Him always, you will be able to withstand the trying days ahead. God’s Word is your strength. Start eating it if you have not done so yet.
Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16
Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Psalm 119:11
So, dearly beloved of the Lord, keep your eyes on eternity and not the things of the world that will pass away. Above all pray and guide our children safely through the times ahead. When you have done all, stand your ground, proclaim His Word aloud, pray and trust God.
Walking together in Jesus Christ,
Ps Khim and Ps Ang